Sunday, May 30, 2010

Year long slump.

I feel like I've been in somewhat of a creative slump this past year..I've really struggled with finding "my style" because I felt like everyone that is successful has a very distinct flair to their work. But then I realized that subconsciously, I apply "my style" to everything I do. It's in the way I dress, write, decorate, draw.. It's just wired in who I am! So I started thinking about what really inspires me and what gets the visual juices flowing.. I found this AMAZING illustrator who started in the 60's, Alain Gree.
Also, an illustrator from the same decade, Roger Duvoisin.




These illustrations are so beautiful.. The next painting I do is going to be inspired by these mid century artists and I'm really excited about it.

On another note, I was featured on Confessions of a Paper Freak for a post on owl obsession.. because as we all know I really do love owls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment